Skip to main content

Work & Travel USA

Deadline for Application incl. documents: January 31.

J1 Visa Service for Summer Jobs for Students

You have secured your own USA-job during your university break?
Then you will need to apply for the J1-visa. We will provide you with the necessary DS-2019 form. Together with our American headquarters, the sponsor for your visa, we will make sure your Work & Travel stay fulfills the regulations of the Department of State in the USA.

Work & Travel USA - Benefits and Rewards

  • Full immersion in the American culture
  • International work experience
  • Gain maturity and confidence
  • Become more independent
  • Make new friends
  • Travel throughout the country during your free time

Why do you need a J1 visa sponsor?

  • The U.S. Department of States wants to ensure that all requirements are met prior to the visa interview at the Embassy.
  • The U.S. Department of State requires students to work through a J1 visa sponsor agency during the visa application process.
  • The J1 visa sponsor agency screens the participants and the host companies.
  • The agency then issues a form called DS-2019 which the participant has to present at the US Embassy in order to apply for the actual visa.

Curious? – Find out more about Work & Travel USA!

If you have any questions, our European office in Berlin will be pleased to help.
Please contact us at:
E-mail: Astrid Dittberner,, telephone +49 - 30 - 84 39 39 94.
If you prefer speaking in French, please contact Claire Busson,, +33 9 70 46 52 32